Location: Hyde Park, South Africa
Reports to: Vice President Commercial & Distribution
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The intent for the role is to find sponsors and advertisers for the VIMN Africa channels/brands, manage the sale of sponsorship opportunities across a wide array of industries and events and also maximize rights for sponsorship which involves everything from branding and advertising to new media and internal communication.
The role entails driving the overall sponsorships strategy, commercial negotiations and operations behind the sponsorship of our content across all platforms, and supports the company’s Senior Vice President in the strategic management of VIMNA’s key accounts.
The successful incumbent will manage, coach, and develop the teams ensuring they maintain company KPI’s and achieve sales goals, whilst growing the reach of VIMNA’s existing brands, MTV, MTV Base, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr, Nicktoons, Comedy Central, BET.
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and influencer with strong leadership, coaching and training skills; is analytical and articulate; a team player with a professional demeanour, motivated by money, recognition and success, and enjoys being part of an enthusiastic, business-oriented and committed team. Must be driven and able to work with a sense of urgency, control the sales process and be able to learn new industries quickly.
- Solicit businesses and other organisations to sponsor brands
- Creating and executing marketing and sales plans
- Create sponsorship proposals for prospects
- Collaborating with other functions and brands
- Arrange meetings with interested sponsor prospects
- Design and coordinate advertising materials and events for sponsors
- Sell sponsorship
- Manage sponsor expectations
- Negotiate sponsorships and review all deals
- Secure approval for any departures from pre-approved rights and benefits
- Manage the Sponsorship team and their output
Education, Experience & Technical competencies:
Qualification: Relevant Bachelor’s degree with a postgraduate preferred
Minimum Experience: 8 years in media and broadcasting distribution and sponsorship sales
Language: Excellent written and verbal command of English
Transport: Must have car and valid driver’s license
- Must have managed and coached teams for high performance
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills along with a strong, persuasive personality (must be able to communicate and hold a conversation with decision makers)
- Maintain company KPIs
- Research and Lead Generation
- Solid negotiating skills
- Need to be professional, friendly, organised, and energetic and determined in attempting to land sponsors
- High-level experience in sourcing new sponsors
- Servicing existing sponsors and developing other revenue streams
- Ability to build a rapport with partners quickly
- In-depth understanding of the sponsorship industry
- High level of attention to detail
- Works well under pressure
- Computer Literacy Skills – MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Digital Media skills – Good understanding of social and digital media trends and that he/she is constantly updated on digital media
Other: The candidate must be passionate about the Viacom brands, must be proactive, show innovation and think outside the box.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are looking to apply, please send your CV to [email protected]
Alternatively give me a call on 0114282900.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. This form summarises the main aspects of the job but does not cover all the duties that the job holder may have to perform.